The CS is a continuous utility strap designed to resist tension and uplift loads. This coiled strap can be cut to length on the job site and used in a single 2x stud or post application. The CS is ideal for many applications including resisting uplift in a floor-to-floor application and also resisting tension in a horizontal application.
- Available in shorter rolls for smaller projects
- Used for roof uplift and shear wall overturning resistance
- A cost-effective alternative to pre-cut straps
- See table
- Galvanized (G90); ZMAX®
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Wood shrinkage after strap installation across horizontal wood members may cause strap to buckle outward.
- Refer to the applicable code for minimum nail penetration and minimum wood edge and end distances.
- The table shows the maximum allowable loads and the nails required to attain them. Fewer nails may be used; reduce the allowable load as shown in the General Notes for Straps and Ties.
- For lap splice and alternative nailing information, see tables below.
- The cut length of the strap shall be equal to twice the “End Length” noted in the table plus the clear span dimension.
- CS straps are available in 25' lengths; order CS14-R, CS16-R or CS20-R
- For stainless steel, order CS16SS-R